Charged with Reckless Driving or Racing?
Give Us A Call: 206-467-2607
We have helped many people who are in a similar situation to you fight their charges.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you are charged with reckless driving or racing, we can help you.
That is what we do, day in and day out.
Please give us a call and we will set up a time to meet with you.
This consultation is free of charge and we will meet with you for as long as it takes to fully discuss your case and answer your questions.
We have all been to trial and fought for our clients who are facing reckless driving and racing charges. We are good at it.
Combined, we have over two decades of experience in helping people who are facing a reckless driving or racing ticket.
Free Initial Consultation:
We meet with you in our office, for free and for as long as it takes.
We like to do this initial consultation in person (not over the phone) because this is the best way to hear about your case and give you legal advice.
There is simply no substitute for a face to face meeting.
Let's review your options - Schedule a free consultation.
Know Your Options and the Charges:
We have found that people who receive these types of tickets do not always know the full consequences of these charges. This web site is designed to help you learn more about them.
Here are some important facts to know about both reckless driving and racing charges.
- Criminal Offense: Reckless driving and racing are both crimes in Washington State. They are called "gross-misdemeanors" and punishable from 0-364 days in jail and a fine of $0-$5000.;
- License Suspension: If convicted, both reckless driving and racing convictions lead to an automatic license suspension of 30 days. This suspension will take place at a minimum of 45 days after sentencing.;
- SR-22 Insurance: If your license is suspended, you will need to have SR-22 insurance for 3 years. This insurance is often much more expensive than your current insurance;
- Immigration: If you are not a United States citizen and are convicted of reckless driving, believe it or not, you could be deported from the United States. For people who are not U.S. citizens, reckless driving offenses may have very serious immigration consequences
Please give us a call or email us so that we can begin to help you resolve your case.
Our Commitment to You:
We strive to be a firm of integrity. Here are our goals:
- Direct and no-nonsense
- Excellent at what we do
- Provide top-notch customer service
- Respected by judges, prosecutors and other lawyers
Based upon feedback from our clients, it appears that we are living up to these goals and are committed to doing so in the future.
What you can do now:
There is hope. Despite these serious consequences, many times it is difficult for the government to prove a reckless driving or racing charge beyond a reasonable doubt.
For this reason, it may be possible to reduce this criminal offense to a civil traffic infraction, or in some instances, even get it dismissed.
While we cannot promise that this will happen in your case, we have had a lot of success in getting it done in the past.
If the prosecution is not willing to make such a reduction, then we will take your case to trial for you. You have a right to a jury trial in these cases, and we are trained trial attorneys willing to fight for you.
So, please give us a call. We are happy to speak with you and go over the options you have for your reckless driving or racing charge!
If you decide that one of us is a good fit to work with you on your Washington Reckless Driving / Racing charges (it is your choice who you work with and we promise not to hard sell you, we only want to work with people who want to work with us) then we will we begin representing you in your Washington State Reckless Driving / Racing charges.
We represent people all over the state on MIP and MIC charges, but most often in King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties.
- Attending all court hearings with you;
- Answering all your phone calls, emails and questions within 1 day (usually immediately);
- Investigating your case;
- Advising you of your options for your Washington Reckless Driving / Racing charges and giving you our opinion of what you should do;
- Reviewing the accusations, witness statements, and law enforcement's arrest report with you;
- Aggressively fighting your case – this means negotiating with the prosecutor, filing legal motions, representing you in court and doing whatever it takes to get you the best deal possible for your case. (Please note, if you want fist pounding, shouting and screaming lawyers, we are not for you – that is not our style. We have found that we get the best results by being ourselves - civilized, honest and hardworking, not by grandstanding); and
- Being there to “hold your hand” throughout the entire process – beginning to end, in court, in the office, and over the phone.
Our Background and Accomplishments:
We all feel fortunate that other people have recognized us for being good at what we do. Here is some information about our backgrounds and accomplishments:
* I have had great success in helping people accused of crimes.
* My rate of having people found not guilty at trial is higher than the state average.
* In addition, I pride myself (and gauge how well I am doing) by the number of thank you notes I receive from my clients.
* I feel proud in saying that I regularly receive these. I have repeatedly been recognized as a "Super Lawyer" by my peers in Washington Law and Politics Magazine.
* I am actively involved as a legislative liaison for the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In this role I have written, lobbied for and passed three laws that help people accused of crimes in Washington State. In 2001 I graduated from Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College - an intensive training program where we learned trial skills from some of the best litigators in the country.
* “Rising Star” recipient recognized by peers in Washington Law & Politics Magazine.
* "Superb Lawyer" and 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo.
* Awarded "Champion of Justice Award" by the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
* Quoted in CBS News published article regarding work on Draeger Alcotest 9510 breath test machine.
* I am regularly asked to train other lawyers.
* I have worked hard to develop a reputation as a zealous advocate for my clients. I maintain professional and civil working relationships with prosecutors which helps me immensely in negotiations. However, prosecutors know my reputation as a creative
and aggressive litigator when my client does not get an acceptable offer.
* I am the current legislative liaison for the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. For the past four legislative sessions, I have represented the rights of those accused of impaired driving during the legislative process. The laws regarding impaired driving are constantly changing so I am on the cutting edges since I am typically present when the law originates.
* I am on the board for the Citizens of Judicial Excellence, a political action committee, which supports candidates which are fair, smart, and respectful to our clients, and oppose those who do not have these qualities.
As our paralegal, Ana helps us stay organized and on time. She is the person who greets you on the phone and helps with many of the details of your case.
While we try and speak to you in person when you call, if we are in court, Ana is the one who will make sure your questions are answered.
Ana has a masters from Central Washington University in Criminal Justice.